Aaliyah and the Stones

 

Aaliyah sang “Hot Like Fire”.  I looked at the video one day and I thought, “I bet you couldn’t tell her nothing. Sister cool. The coolest, girl I’ve ever seen.” At the time I saw the video, it was after her death. It was my first time seeing that video. 

A lot of music in the 90’s didn’t get my attention as much as the 80’s and 70’s. Aaliyah and her music was new and different to me. It was Try Again and her dance moves that really made me stop and watch her. I thought, “Who is this girl? If she keeps that up she is going to be huge. I know it!”

I think of a warm or hot fall when it comes to Aaliyah because of how she wore her clothes. She had style and so many girls wanted her style. Aaliyah looked good in almost anything. She had beauty, talent, and charisma. She had strength in a number of things, and that’s what the stones represent for her.

Comments

Popular Posts