I Saw Someone That Looked Like Aaliyah

 

By Gail Nobles © 2023





Have you ever seen someone that looked just like somebody you knew that was dead? I do not remember the year it happened, but I believe Aaliyah had passed away when I saw a young woman pass by my house that looked just like her. She looked right at me passing by with her hair in the wind. I stood starring at her, and she kept looking in her rear view mirror passing me until she got down to the end of the street around the corner.


I thought, “That girl looks just like Aaliyah, but I know it’s not her.”


I soon forgot all about it, and continued whatever it was I was doing. I never thought about the girl again until last year of 2022. A lot of years had gone by.


It was one day last year that I was writing and thinking about Aaliyah. And something jogged my memory that I had seen the girl that passed by my house.


I thought, “I forgot all about that.” 


I remember that the girl passed by and how her hair was in the wind, but I do not remember what color the car was that she was driving. I do not remember what kind of car she was driving, but I remember the girl looked so much like Aaliyah passing by. Her face got my attention the most.


I thought, “Lord, I wish that it was Aaliyah.”


The Lord did answer me that I might one day see Aaliyah again, but sometimes he speaks of the spirit. He doesn’t always talk about the physical. The Lord is a mystery. 

Comments

Popular Posts